Ultralight electric freeride motorcycle built by LMX Bikes on Indiegogo
It’s one thing when a couple of economists sit down and talk business with unlimited funds, it’s another when a couple of electric bike lovers set up their production in EU ( France ). This is a really big thing If you are from EU – NOT PAINLESS AT ALL.
LMX BIKES started making Electric Bike, and Electric freeride motorcycle prototypes that eventually grew into a full market products after rigorous testing. LMX BIKES Company is a brainchild from Adam Mercier and Lucas Suteau
Passionate about aeronautics and mechanical design for years, Adam has been manufacturing electric vehicles since 2008. During his studies as a mechanical engineer in a research and development laboratory of the automotiv sector, he develops the first concepts of the LMX and animates a youtube channel on the subject.
Fond of metalworking and industrial engineering, Lucas started working on motorized off-road vehicles in 2006. He grew near a small metal workshop and learned manufacturing processes as a hobby, besides his mechanical engineering studies. With many electric vehicles prototypes made, he has the experience in bike building techniques and electric drive technologies.
On top of it all, LMX BIKES are in process of Homologation.
THEY NEED YOUR SUPPORT NOW
We believe you have all been amazed by their Electric Freeride motorcycles and E-bikes
Some of LMX BIKES products
The model LMX 161-H goes to Indiegogo
With a weight of 42kg in homologated version, the LMX 161-H is half the weight of combustion bikes of similar performance, 85cc cross bikes. Developed in France for riders and by riders, the bike is optimized for extreme off-road use.
Thanks to the L1e-B approval, the motorcycle can be used anywhere in Europe without a specific permit, which opens up new possibilities of use.
Since 2014, LMX BIKES have been producing and improving a lightweight freeride electric bike. They delivered more than 50 bikes and kits and accumulated customers feedback to improve the product.
Now they need your help to reach for the next big step: making it road legal. Check out the pictures and specifications and go to Indiegogo to check out their offer!
● Category : L1e-B , like 50CC moped and scooters
● Weight: 42kg in road legal form
● Top speed: 28mph /45kph (gearing+software limited)
● Max climb angle: 45°
● Motor type: BLDC (Brushless DC electric motor)
● Range : max 80km/3H offroad – typical 50km/2h offroad
● Wheel base : 1310mm
● Head tube angle : 63°
● Suspension travel : 230mm rear, 200mm front
● Material : sand-blasted aluminium 6061
● Complete frame kit weight : 6.5kg
● Wheel size : 26″ front,19″mx rear
● Seat height: 85cm in low position, 89 cm in high position
● Controller: KBS72121X 120A peak, 55A nominal current
● Battery : 57v /30 Ah 150a peak (18650 samsung 30Q)
● Charger 600W (3h complete charge on any 220V AC plug)
● Speedometer with battery gauge
● Peak power: up to 8000w
● Continuous power : 3000w
● RST killah coil RC 200mm forks
● DNM RCP2 240mm shock
● TRP zurich (quadiem e-bike) brakes with 203mm rotors
● 26″ front wheel with 3″ tire
● LMX custom V3 rear hub with 19″ motorcycle rim and tire
Video of the ride
Sign up here for the limited early bird pricing, from 4450€+VAT
More information with much more detailed descriptions can be found here
Lmx bikes website
Adams youtube channel
We wish them all the best from full EvNerds team!