The Taiwan EV business collaboration between Yamaha (Japan) and Gogoro (Taiwan) began in September 2018, and the EC-05 electric scooter is jointly developed by the two companies.
According to Yamaha’s long-term vision, the goal is to build “electric moving tools” that better cater to the ongoing evolutions and transformations in mobility. By collaborating with Gogoro, Yamaha can accelerate its innovation process and offer better value to consumers. Following Yamaha’s mid-term strategy for EV products, the EC-05 is the vanguard in a new line of Yamaha EV products coming to market in the near future.
The EC-05 is sold under the Yamaha brand and uses the existing Gogoro model as a platform for Yamaha’s original design. The battery service for the EC-05 is Gogoro’s “Go Station” smart energy system (*the EC-05 user must enter a contract with the Gogoro Energy Network). The EC-05 scooter can be connected to the user’s cellphone via the APP.
- Pre-order: July 1, 2019
- Launch date: August 1, 2019
- MSRP: 99,800TWD (approx. 3,200USD / 2,500GBP / 2,800EUR)
- Colors: Isolate Blue, Black Diamond, Twilight Blue, Sugar White
- Production plan: 20,000 units
- Availability: all EC-05 retail shops and referral shops in Taiwan
- *Retail shops offer sales and service.
- *Referral shops introduce the product and the nearest retail shops.
- Dimensions: 1,880mm (length) x 670mm (width) x 1,180mm (height)
- Wheelbase: 1,300mm
- Seat height: 768mm
- Weight: 106kg
- Weight (incl. 2 batteries): 126kg
- Trunk capacity: 25L (optimum capacity is 3/4 for safety reasons)
- Drivetrain: Gogoro S2 / MOSFET
- Range: 110km
- Horsepower: 10hp @3,000rpm
- Torque: 26Nm @ 0-2,500rpm
- Top speed (limited): 90km/h
- Acceleration (0-50km/h): 3.9sec
- 30% gradient: 40km/h
- 20% gradient: 50km/h
- 10% gradient: 70km/h
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!